Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Pencil & Eraser

The conversation between the Pencil & Eraser
give us a big message:

Pencil: I'm sorry . . . I made a mistake again . . .

Eraser: Never mind, my dear . . . you didn't do anything so wrong that
it can not be corrected . . .

Pencil:I'm sorry . . . because you get hurt because of me. Whenever I
made a mistake, you're always there to erase it. In making my mistakes
vanish, you lose a part of yourself. You get smaller and smaller each
time.

Eraser:That's true. But I don't really mind. You see, I was made to do
this. I was made to help you whenever you do something wrong. I want
you to be correct . . . always.

Pencil:I am happy that you are always there to correct me. I do not
know how I will do without you . . .

Eraser:I know one day I'll be gone. But you'll replace me with a new
one or an alternative. I love to be with you and I'm actually happy
doing my job. So please, stop worrying. I hate seeing you sad. I wish,
eventually you will learn to do your job without the need for me.

I found this conversation between the Pencil and the Eraser very
inspiring. Parents are like the Eraser whereas their children are the
Pencil. They're always there for their children, cleaning up their
mistakes and encouraging them to correct themselves. Sometimes along
the way . . . they get hurt, become reduced, older, brittle and in the
end, pass on. The Parents are aware that the children will eventually
find someone new (spouse), yet they are always happy doing their bit
for their children. They hate to see their precious ones worrying or
sad; rather they wish their children do a good job and make a lasting
mark in this world.

This is for all those loving parents out there . . . and to their
lovely children who are striving hard (as never before) to make their
mark in this world. Hope someday my children will read this.

We never know the love of our parents for us till we have become parents."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails