Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Work Confession

I think the point has almost come where I have had enough with the office jobs. I cannot stand sitting in my desk pretending to be busy all day. I hate sitting in meetings pretending to care. I hate the fact I get paid for the time I spend here, rather than the amount of productivity I provide.

I swear, some weeks I do 40 hours of work and others I do 5. Either way I have to sit here for a minimum of 40 hours just to get a full paycheck. Not exactly the ideal work situation.

Now I know a lot of people may say I wish I had a job like this, which is fine. But honestly, I feel like I am wasting my life away by sitting here bored all day thinking of things I would rather be doing in places I would rather be. Everyone says you only get one shot at life, so why should I spend mine this way.

It Pays Well

I know the job may pay more than other jobs, but I am not a money driven person my any means. Matter of fact, I am sick of the whole rat race. It seems like people here in SPI keep trying harder and harder to make more money so they can accumulate more stuff they don’t even need.

I barely own anything, but I still feel like I own a lot of stuff I don’t need. A few sets of clothes, my Laptop a old one from my brother, and a few other essentials. So in the next few months, I plan to give more of my stuff to my younger brother.

Time To Say Goodbye

So at some point in the very near future, I am going to kiss this “perfect” job away as some would say. I would rather work a job I enjoy and just be happy with what I have. The only stress in my life is caused by the combination of getting up early, commuting to work, sitting at work, and commuting home from work. Other than that, I am a very outgoing and happy person.

Back in college, I was broke almost the entire time. But you know what, I was never stressed out about anything, not even money. I came from a middle class family. I lived off simple as I can be and am willing to do it again if necessary. So obviously money is not the problem, but the fact I spend so much of my waking hours at a job that I have no motivation to perform well at.

I Don’t Even Want To Be Promoted

What is even worse about this job is when I look at the people of above me and realize I wouldn’t even want their position. So if you do not even want to move up to your supervisors position, why stick around? I never want to get a promotion or I’ll probably go even more crazy.

I am not real sure exactly what type of job I am looking for just yet. I would like to work outside that is for sure. I used to do online work and loved it since I could set my own hours and wages. I also enjoy blogging and hope to make some income off of this blog at some point placing some ads.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Related Posts with Thumbnails